Dads are notoriously hard to shop for, right? Whether you have kids or not, Father’s Day on June 18th is a good excuse to show your appreciation, and take some time to try to see things from his perspective. We’ve rounded up 15 unique Father’s Day gifts made in Brooklyn — no boring ties or perfume bottles here. To all the dads, grandpas, fathers in law and father figures out there, thank you. You guys rock.
1. Decanter Set – Love & Victory, $88. If he doesn’t quite believe the whole ‘sharing is caring’ thing when it comes to whiskey… well, it’s understandable.
2. Old School Pomade, $26 and Comb & Leather Case, $40 – Brooklyn Grooming. The right styling tools to stay sharp.
3. Tomato ‘Nduja – City Saucery, $15.99 for two jars. A delicious combination of sweet tomatoes and fiery hot chili peppers for him to add a signature touch to any dish.
4. Tack Sling Backpack / Tote – SSCY, $199. This heavy duty backpack can tag along for all his adventures — and converts to a tote easily for trips to the farmer’s market.
5. St. Agrestis Amaro – St. Agrestis, $39. If he’s a cocktail connoisseur, he’ll go nuts for this amazing NY version of the traditional Italian liqueur.
6. Mini Ocean Painting – Art by Megan, $25. A lovely little piece of ocean, based on the larger Abstract Ocean paintings by Megan Elizabeth. Get one or a group! They’re made to order, so you don’t want to put it off too long.
7. Tool Pouch in Denim & Navy – Bittle & Burley, $54. A cool & sturdy handmade dopp kit that is just the right size for all his travel essentials.
8. Chili Pepper Jam – Stagg, $9. Avocado toast never tasted so good. If he likes to give things a kick, this is his jam. (See what I did there?)
9. Odin Sunglasses – Tabulae Eyewear, $99. Time to update his shades? These are timeless and modern for any age.
10. Nolan Hemlock Bonsai – Dandy Farmer, $90. Serious green thumb dads will appreciate the soft feathery foliage and sweeping character of this dapper little guy.
11. Bitter Sunset Set – Sunset Botánica, $40. He’ll never run out of new cocktail recipes to try with this set of bitters — it includes Hibiscus Rose, Smoked Cacao, Vanilla Thrilla, and the limited edition Mango Supremo.
12. Leather Camera Strap – Tap & Dye, $98. Aspiring and veteran photographers will love this classic rugged leather camera strap in a dark chocolate finish.
13. Mustard Set – Tin Mustard, $32. A must-have for the grill, this set comes with two jars of Tin Mustard’s classic whole grain flavor and two of the smoother recipe.
14. Halfpipe DIY Kit – Boundless Brooklyn, $16.99. Skateboarding dads (active or former) will love putting this together. Half of the fun is getting creative by and making it his own with paints, markers and more.
15. Technical Reserve – Industry City Distillery, $33.99. This one is for the pros – a 191.2 proof spirit designed and distilled for creating his own concoctions. Homemade limoncello, anybody?
To all the dads out there, cheers! I’ll sign off with one of my favorite photos of my dad and I. It’s from 1983, by the Mediterranean coast in Spain. Wish I could reach across the ocean on June 18th and give him a hug. Best papa ever ❤.